Interested applicants should prepare a resume, letter of interest, and contact information for three references, and then complete the application process on our application portal. Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Department: Admissions: Reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management
Start Date: As soon as position is filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Benefits: As stated in the Saint Joseph's College Handbook of Employment Policies and Practices for Hourly and Administrative Employees.
Manage recruitment of students from a specific geographic territory, meet territory goals, and assist the Admissions team in meeting overall enrollment goals.
· Communicate frequently with prospective freshmen and/or transfer students.
· Prepare, implement, and evaluate recruitment plan for assigned territory.
· Evaluate applicant credential files and offer admission status decisions.
· Travel/drive extensively in the fall/spring, primarily to high schools, junior colleges, and college fairs.
· Maintain database of prospective freshmen and transfer students, including detailed communication logs.
· Visit with prospective students and their families during individual visits and campus events to build a relationship, answer questions, and explain the benefits of attending SJC.
· Maintain extensive knowledge of SJC academic programs, student activities, campus life, College profile, athletics, and the admission and financial aid processes; be aware of higher education trends.
· Conduct strategic outreach efforts within assigned territory (e.g., guidance counselors, parishes, youth groups, alumni).
· Maintain the highest levels of service and professionalism.
· Co-coordinate social media accounts (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
· Rotate Saturday coverage of personal visits in the Welcome Center.
· Adhere to College policies regarding spending and budget management.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Professional office working conditions, requiring professional dress. Manual dexterity is required for computer entry. Sitting and standing are required for sustained periods of time. Position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week (50 hours per week during travel season) and occasional weekend work. Frequent amount of time will be spent on the telephone. Will work independently within policies and general objectives with direct accountability for territory performance in support of recruitment goals.
One to three years of experience in college admissions is preferred. Must have a bachelor’s degree; excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills; strong work ethic; high energy level; positive mental attitude; goal-oriented mindset; creative initiative; ability to meet deadlines, organize, multi-task, tend to minute details and maintain confidentiality; ability to work independently and collaboratively; ability to lift and carry 50 pounds; strong knowledge of Google Documents, Word, Excel, Access and database management; ability to travel approximately 12 weeks in the fall and 2-4 weeks in the spring; flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet enrollment goals; valid driver’s license.
An Equal Opportunity Employer