POSITION TITLE: Admission Counselor, https://elmhurst.simplehire.com/postings/387
Responsible for recruitment/enrollment initiatives in an assigned territory. Specifically inform, advise, and counsel prospective students, secondary schools, community colleges, and other organizations about Elmhurst College. The admission counselor will qualify and convert inquiries into applicants and provide counseling throughout the enrollment process. Seeks opportunities for expanded recruitment contacts, participate in various recruiting events, and positively contributes to the attainment of new student enrollment goals.
1. Interview prospective first-year and transfer students and families for the purpose of informing them about College programs, admission and financial aid procedures.
2. Present to various groups on college, admission and financial aid opportunities.
3. Plan and execute a schedule of visits and communication with contacts in an assigned territory in order to provide information about Elmhurst College and obtain applicants to the College.
4. Recommend admission and scholarship decisions in an assigned territory. Create and maintain effective, positive relations with territorial contacts through general application of customer service techniques.
5. Participate in on-campus visitation programs sponsored by the Admission Office.
6. Respond to inquiries and handle correspondence with prospective students.
7. Assist with general administrative, and at times clerical, duties as assigned by the Director and the Associate Director of Admission.
8. Participate in assigned yield strategies to meet enrollment goals.
9. Assume responsibility for auxiliary program assignment such as student ambassador coordinator, alumni admission or faculty liaison.
10. Travel to assigned territory while maintaining stewardship of resources.
11. Be knowledgeable about general admission practices and industry trends.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School and other visits are performed in personal automobile, costs reimbursed.
2. Ability to carry and lift display and promotion material, approximately 50 pounds.
3. Evening and weekend hours as assigned.
4. Ability to travel locally, and in designated out-of-area territories.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Well developed skills in verbal/written communication.
3. Understanding of higher education in particular of private liberal arts colleges and their mission.
4. The ability to project a positive image of the institution in an organized, accurate manner.
5. Grasp of admission, financial aid procedures and academic opportunities available is necessary.
6. Must be responsive and adaptable to a fast-paced environment and fluctuating responsibilities.
7. Valid Driver’s License.