Title: College Recruiter
Department: Office of Admissions
Close Date: 08/29/2016
The University of Illinois at Chicago seeks to fill several College Recruiter positions. This position recruits prospective high school and transfer students through the development and implementation of integrated marketing and recruitment strategies necessary to meet the enrollment goals of the University of Illinois at Chicago. Represents the University’s interests during high profile events and to a wide range of constituents (e.g. state legislators, community leaders and organizations, parents and students), venues (e.g. college fairs and programs, local, state and national conferences and events), and territories (local, regional, national, or international).
· Serve as a primary field representative for a recruitment territory, fielding questions and responding to inquiries from prospective students from that territory through varied communication channels and through a range of recruitment activities, and benchmarks, for the purpose of increasing applications and enrollments. Territory assignments will vary on college recruiter to college recruiter basis and may include local, regional, national and international territories.
· Maintain a travel schedule and represent undergraduate admissions at various recruitment events, high school visits, and yield activities throughout the designated territory.
· Maintain a regular office schedule, acting as the primary point of contact for prospective students via telephone, and arranging and completing campus appointments with prospective students.
· Nurture relationships, through various communication channels, with students, parents, high school counselors, teachers, and administrators providing admissions advice and counsel relative to the recruitment and admissions processes.
· Regularly present admissions and recruitment information for campus visitors (prospective students, families, student and school groups) of various sizes.
· Host and assist in the coordination of on-campus programs for prospective students.
· Represent the University during on-campus events to provide information about available offerings, including but not limited to academic programs, resources, opportunities, facilities, etc.
· Regularly interfaces with campus departments and external community groups and organizations to promote and support the University's overall recruitment efforts.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment strategies and make recommendations for program changes and enhancements.
· Compile, assess and interpret student data, event outcomes, recruitment trends, and regularly report findings to senior leadership.
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
Minimum of one year of experience in student counseling, admissions and/or UIC undergraduate campus involvement or leadership.
Excellent customer service, attention to detail, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
Self-motivated and results/goal driven with a strong work ethic.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and disseminate significant student prospect information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to work effectively independently and within a team setting.
Experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) systems and other digital communication tools preferred. (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Slate, Mail Chimp, etc.)
Public speaking experience and organization skills preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge and sensitivity to working with diverse populations.
Ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems, prioritize time according to tasks, initiate and implement projects independently.
Ability and willingness to perform evening, overnight and weekend work is required.
Positions with regional travel territories strongly prefer previous work experience or academic study in, or connected to, the designated region or territory.
Positions with international travel territories strongly prefer previous work experience or academic study abroad, and/or familiarity with language other than English.
Overnight travel, locally, statewide, and nationally required. International travel may be required.
Ability to travel up to 75% of the time over designated recruitment territory (national and international) required.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, you must complete an online application through the UIC Job Board at:
The above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Monday, August 29, 2016.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.