MacMurray College is seeking applications for the position of Admissions Counselor. Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counselor is an integral part of maintaining and increasing the enrollment of the College. The position is responsible for the recruitment of qualified prospective students, building relationships with high schools and community-based organizations, and promoting the mission and brand of the College. The Admissions Counselor is a member of the Office of Admissions which is the front door of the College for prospective students and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Territory management of assigned recruitment area.
- Responsible for constant communication with prospective students and their families through the admissions and financial aid process.
- Visit high schools, attend college fairs, and coordinate/assist in off-campus recruitment events.
- Assist with on-campus recruitment events such as Open Houses or Visit Days.
- Overnight travel and evening/weekend hours are required with this position.
- Build effective relationships with high schools and community-based organizations.
- Communicate with prospective students, families, high schools, college personnel, and community organizations through telephone communication, emails, text messaging, and social media-based platforms.
- Conduct campus tours and meet one on one with prospective students and their guests.
- Be a positive representative for the College to prospective students, families, high schools, community members, and both internal and external constituents.
- Other duties as directed by the Associate Director of Admissions or Director of Admissions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle constant change, and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Should possess high energy and a positive and outgoing personality.
- Work well independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and make ethical decisions.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to smile, keep a positive attitude both in and outside the office, and be willing to make a difference.
- Valid driver’s license with clean/good driving record and insurable.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Excited to become a Highlander.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants may send confidential letters of inquiry, a résumé, and three professional references to HR@mac.edu.
For more information on MacMurray College, please visit www.mac.edu.