Director of High School Recruitment
The Director is an official representative of the university. This position will assume a leadership role in several core office functions and committees. This individual is tasked with managing a team of admissions counselors and Assistant Directors, and overseeing the recruitment of prospective students through contact with students, families, community-based organizations, high school guidance, college, and career counselors. This individual oversees the largest team in the Undergraduate Admissions area, and is expected to provide strong, positive, and consistent leadership to a group of extremely hard-working professional staff. As a key member of the Admissions leadership team, the Director is responsible for developing an effective and efficient national recruitment strategy to help Marquette achieve its undergraduate enrollment goals. The Director will hold all admissions counselors accountable for their work, and will work to establish a high level of expectations for all admissions counselors who represent Marquette University. The individual will also serve as a liaison to an assigned undergraduate college, and will be expected to help manage the application and scholarship review work of the counseling staff, while directly managing the relationship with an assigned undergraduate college in the role of Liaison.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide strategic leadership in the advancement of undergraduate enrollment goals. Use internal and external data to drive strategic recommendations.
2. Develop and execute an annual recruitment plan to achieve institutional enrollment goals.
3. Supervise a large team of admissions counselors. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, training, ongoing professional development, holding staff accountable for recruitment and yield efforts, tracking goal setting and performance, and acting as a point of contact in admissions personnel management.
4. As a member of the Admissions leadership team and in collaboration with the Associate Dean and Dean, help develop and manage all Committee Reading (application review) for all undergraduate applications. Serve as a liaison for internal and external stakeholders whose enrollments are impacted by the Admissions review process.
5. Manage a small recruitment territory by traveling to and/or building and maintaining professional relationships with high school college counseling staff, prospective students and parents, admitted students, and alumni. Represent the university to prospective students throughout the country through off-site recruitment activities (high school visits, college fairs, information nights, hotel interviews).
6. Represent the university to prospective students at University-sponsored programs and events, and respond to all student inquiries.
7. Review applications for admission and scholarship decisions; offer or decline applications based on review by other counselors and a review committee member.
8. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of five years of experience
• Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of policies and procedures for staff management (HR-related competencies)
• Participation in numerous Admissions Office on-campus and off-campus events including those on weekends/evenings (eg. Open houses, counselor receptions, etc.).
• The ability to travel including some weekends and evenings.
• Knowledge of higher education and admission policies and programs.
• Ability to present pertinent information on Marquette University and the college selection process to both large and small groups.
• Ability to communicate well with prospective students, their parents and guidance counselors.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Previous college admissions experience and familiarity with Marquette University and Jesuit education.
• Prior experience supervising professional staff preferred.
To apply, please visit the following website: https://employment.marquette.edu/postings/7490